Join the Volunteer Team at The Shop at Crowle -and become part of a community success story!
Rachel says: ‘I really wanted the benefits of a local community shop – and so I voted with my feet and volunteered! There’s plenty of flexibility for me to arrange my shifts around my children and my part-time job. The range of roles in The Shop means there’s something for everyone.’
What our Volunteers have helped us to achieve…
- Raise £110,000 to build a new Community Shop and Café
- Create a friendly and welcoming meeting place that has become a new focal point for the local community
- Provide opportunities for people of all ages and backgrounds to refresh old skills and learn new ones.
Nick says: ‘Volunteering at The Shop is great fun! I’ve made new friends in the volunteer team, and I meet lots of people in the community. As I work during the week, I usually do my shifts at weekends, which I enjoy as they’re really busy.’
How can you make a difference as part of The Shop team?
We’re getting busier and busier, and are always looking for friendly people to join our growing team. Whatever your personal situation or background, there are lots of roles to choose from at The Shop:
- Serving customers in The Shop
- Serving Café customers with drinks and snacks
- Checking dates on stock
- Unpacking deliveries, stacking shelves, labelling products
- Cleaning/tidying roles (shelves, chillers/freezers, windows etc)
- Back office’ roles, such as marketing/promotions.
‘I’ve worked at The Shop after school, ever since it opened. Volunteering has lots of benefits – you meet people and help them in The Shop, and it’s a great way to learn skills for the future and see how a business runs.’ Will (D of E Award student)
Just a few hours a month can make a big difference to the success of The Shop.
- There’s lots of flexibility – from ‘as and when it suits you’ to regular shifts each week.
What you can expect from us
- We provide our Volunteers with all the necessary guidelines and support to undertake their role, including training on the use of all equipment.
- We always welcome feedback and ideas from our Volunteers. We provide regular briefings to keep everyone up to date on developments, and hold update meetings to share major news and plans and give people an opportunity to chat.
How to get involved with The Shop and Cafe
- Many people like to ‘put a toe in the water’ initially to find out more about what volunteering at The Shop involves. We suggest an introductory visit so we can help you decide which role is best for you. We then offer a ‘buddy’ to help you learn the ropes.
To find out more… why not call our Shop Manager, Joan Goodman, on 01905 381416 for an initial chat, email her – email@example.com – or just pop into The Shop.
*The Shop at Crowle is seeking a new Treasurer* – This is a key volunteer role, representing an exciting opportunity to help guide The Shop’s future success. For more details click here